I had a late night chocolate craving so I whipped up this delectible Molten Lava Cake for T W O in only 5 minutes! The recipe was adopted by Christina Lane's Dessert for Two Cookbook and its the perfect indulgence after dinner because its takes no time to make and is perfectly portioned for you and your partner, friend, dog, child....or whoever wants to indulge with you (you can eat both too, I won't tell)
This is all you need: 1 bowl, a whisk (or spoon) and 5 staple ingredients that are most likely already stocked in your kitchen. I added finely chopped sage to my sugar to bring in another depth of flavor and had no regrets! Top with raspberries, whipped cream or your favorite ice cream.
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used 70% dark bakers chocolate, good chocolate makes all the difference!)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder (not required, but did you know that espresso powder helps bring out the chocolate flavor in baked goods?)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (you can make gluten-free by using gluten-free 1:1 flour)
1) Preheat oven to 425, spray two round ramekins. Don't have ramekins? You could use a cupcake pan.
2) Combine chocolate and butter (cut butter into small pieces) and melt in the microwave in 20 second increments. Stir and continue until melted. You may also melt in a small pan on your stovetop but I wouldn't suggest this, as it will only generate more dishes. Ugh!
3) Stir the sugar and espresso powder into your melted chocolate and butter mixture. I also chopped 1 sage leaf and mixed in with the sugar.
4) Stir in the egg and egg yolk until combined. Stir in flour.
5) Pour batter evenly into both ramekins and bake for 12 minutes
6) Serve immediately with ice cream, whipped cream or your favorite berries
Hello! I'm Candice and I love baking. This blog is dedicated to all things sweet, exploring your passion, staying inspired and encouraging you to Eat More Cake!