Worlds easiest cookie to make and only 3 ingredients! Not to mention, they are gluten free, grain free, and you can even make them refined sugar free.
As much as I don't like to confess this fun fact: In college, I had to have a scoop of peanut butter every single day. I tried every brand I could find and it wasn't until I studied abroad in Mexico and Spain that I finally broke this peanut butter obsession. I couldn't find it abroad....I looked every day.
Needless to say, my peanut butter obsession most likely inspired this very peanut buttery cookie. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
1 cup Peanut Butter (Choose your fav)
1 cup brown sugar (sub coconut sugar if you are refined sugar free)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2) In a mixer- blend the peanut butter and brown sugar until well combined. Beat in egg, baking soda and vanilla extract
3) Using a tablespoon or ice cream scooper, scoop out dough and roll into balls. Flatten on cookie sheet with a fork.
4) Bake for 9-10 minutes. They will be delicate, soft, flaky cookies so be gentle when transferring from baking sheet to cooling rack.
5) After the cookies have cooled, fill with peanut butter frosting and a dollop of your favorite jam. Sprinkle with Maldon finishing salt
Peanut Butter Frosting:
I actually don't have a recipe because you don't need one! Below are the ingredients in the frosting but play around with the ratio. If you want a sweeter frosting, add more confectioner sugar. If you want less sweet add more peanut butter and milk/cream to thin out the frosting.
Milk/Cream (can use dairy free alternatives)
To all the momma bears and papa bears out there- add these PBJ Sammies (in cookie form) to your kiddos lunch box. They will love them, they will love you, and they will love their first day back to school.
As I always say, celebrate more and Eat More Cake, if thats what makes you happy!
Hello! I'm Candice and I love baking. This blog is dedicated to all things sweet, exploring your passion, staying inspired and encouraging you to Eat More Cake!