You asked, so I delivered! The gluten free, vegan, paleo protein packed snack. I created these snacks before my trip to Thailand a few months ago. Little did I know that they would make for the perfect snack to hold me over on a long international flight, since I usually don't eat the airplane food. Unless I'm on Alaska Airlines and Tom Douglas is cooking :)
You ready for the best part?? They only have 3 ingredients (well 4 including the chocolate, which is completely optional) and take less than 10 minutes to prepare. Second best part- you really can't mess these up. Adjust the recipe to your liking of the texture, sweetness and flavor. I chose to finish mine with Maldon Sea Salt and toasted coconut. oh wait....third best thing: they kinda sorta taste like a peanut butter cup, only better. You're welcome.
Peanut Butter Bon Bon: yields 16-18 balls
3/4 cup organic peanut butter (smooth or creamy)
1/4 cup organic coconut flour (plus 2-3 additional tablespoons depending on texture)
2-3 tablespoons of organic honey or maple syrup
**I had vanilla protein powder and decided to add 1/4 cup for additional protein. This is completely optional
1) Combine peanut butter, coconut flour, and honey. Mix well until you reach the desired texture. You want them to be sticky but roll easily into a ball.
2) Line a pan with parchment paper. Using a small scooper, scoop an even level of peanut butter. Using the palm of your hand, roll into a ball and place on the lined parchment paper.
3) place in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Just long enough to make them firm for dipping into the chocolate
4) Cut chocolate into chunks (or using chocolate chips) and melt in the microwave for 30 second increments, stirring each time **I used dark bittersweet chocolate
5) Dip half of the peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate. Place back onto the parchment paper to set. Sprinkle with desired toppings (Be creative!)
Thats it. Super simple and easy. You can also make ahead and freeze for several months. Makes for the perfect post-workout snack as well! Let me know what you think :)
Hello! I'm Candice and I love baking. This blog is dedicated to all things sweet, exploring your passion, staying inspired and encouraging you to Eat More Cake!